Wednesday, March 27, 2013

我一点儿想家

Well here I am sitting in my room, and I found that I wasn't being productive (when I should be) so I thought it would be a good time to drop a line or two to the world out there. Just want to say that I'm still surviving in Beijing, thriving actually. I'm getting used to the life here and I embrace the differences of China. I love this place. But despite the fact that I feel I have finally settled into Beijing life, I am for the first time in my life feeling a little bit homesick. I'm not talking like I want to go to my physical house, I don't know, it's weird. I just feel like I miss my home at odd times. When the wind blows and the trees make some noise, it reminds me of home where on a warm summer day the breeze will give us relief and the leaves sound like music to me. Seeing a pine cone now a days I go crazy and I just want to stare at the green trees that I sometimes can find around the city. I'm a nature girl at heart so I miss the times when I can just lay on the grass near the trees with the birds and blue sky and little animals and all those wonderful things. City life is a lot of fun but because I grew up around trees at times I just miss it so much that I could just sit here and think about it, relive the feelings I have while I am in my home, Maine. I can feel everything in my heart like I'm there now, sitting in a green field with dandelions, though I'm just sitting in a dorm room in an overcrowded and polluted city. I don't want to sound all sad but it's just how I feel these days. I don't just miss home because I'm a nature freak, but I miss my home meaning being with the people I love the most. Life just doesn't have the same glow when you can't bask in the presence of the person you love. While I have not shed a tear since arriving here, I feel perhaps my heart is crying everyday. You can imagine the last thing I want to do is study Chinese characters.

Of course everyone knows I am a very happy person, and I am happy here. I love living in this city and I have had the chance to meet great people, and my Chinese is getting better, I'm surprising myself on how much I can learn in such a short period of time, I like it. I even find myself thinking in Chinese before English! So I guess it's good that I can address these sad times, because after I can push forward. I just need to focus on why I am here, to have an experience of a lifetime, and it will be over before I know it, so I want to make the most of it. I will work hard, 努力学习, and I will keep on going, 加油!

This Sunday is Easter. I will go to Church and out to eat Easter dinner at a restaurant which has American food with others who celebrate this holiday. So I'm not completely missing out on America. :) Happy Easter all! 

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time in Beijing, Audrey!

    It sounds like you're missing out on Maine - but hey, you're around Americans. Have a great weekend and trade tales of home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, homesick >.< wish you had a good time in beijing. 好好学习,天天向上.

    ReplyDelete